1. Weekly Writing Assignment is open to everyone who loves to write…or is tortured to write.
2. Submitted work must be entirely original and previously unpublished.
3. Only one submission per writer per assignment.
4. Writers can submit work for as many assignments as they would like but…
5. Writers cannot submit the same piece for more than one assignment. Each piece submitted can only be submitted once.
6. A valid email is required. Finalist and Winners will be notified by email.
How the contest works
1. Finalists and Winners are chosen by the editor(s) of this site.
2. Up to five Finalists and one Winner will be chosen for each weekly assignment.
3. Of the Weekly Finalists and Winners, up to five Monthly Finalists and one Monthly Winner will be chosen each month from that month’s Weekly Winners. Monthly Finalists and Winners are Semi-Finalists and are automatically entered for the Grand Winner.
4. Of the Semi-Finalists, Weekly Writing Assignment will choose a Grand Winner from the entire year’s Semi-Finalists.
All work published on this site is copyrighted under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works lisence. You are free to share and distribute any work found on this site provided the following conditions are met:
1. Attribution: You must attribute the work to the author and provide a link back to the page on this site where it is published.
2. Noncommercial: You may NOT use materials found on this site for commercial purposes.
3. No Derivative Works: You may NOT alter, transform or build upon any of the materials found in this site.
Weekly Writing Assignment reserves all other publishing rights covering any material published on this site.
A note about prizes
At this time, the only prize awarded to Weekly Writing Assingment winners is my sincere admiration and being published on this site. I would like to offer real prizes at some point in the future, but that will only happen when this site is able to financially support them.